By Dr. Andrew Halfpenny
Like their thermal-engine counterparts, electric vehicles are susceptible to structural fatigue failures. The mechanical complexity of the battery structure and its mountings also give rise to significant additional fatigue failure issues. Insights into these structural and vibration-induced failures enable engineers to reduce the risk of fatigue failure, improve the durability of electric-engines, and increase vehicle reliability.
In this webinar we consider:
- The battery as a mechanical structure
- Fatigue design of battery packs
- Characterising the vibration environment of battery packs
- Deriving accelerated vibration tests for batteries
- Fatigue analysis of lightweight vehicle structures