By Bob Willis
$25 for members / $95 non-members
New components often provide challenges to design, process and quality engineers. Solder joint failure, voiding plus contamination & corrosion are just a few of the problems experienced so far. Any large area component with a low stand off which needs to be reflow soldered to a substrate can be a challenge but at ever decreasing pitch the need for good process validation and correct design is vital for high yields.
Having had hands on experience with these parts since conducting design reviews, setting up processes, conducting failure analysis we may not have all the answers, but we do know the right questions to ask in manufacture.
Provided FREE with this webinar are Bob Willis QFN inspection and quality control wall charts to use in your own manufacturing and training facility.
- Design options to reduce failures
- Process improvements in design and assembly
- Void reduction
- Improvements in joint reliability
- Simple 5min solderability assessment
- Improved cleaning performance
- Results in cleaning and SIR on QFN packages
- Process results from vapour phase and convection reflow
- Solder joint reliability
- IPC design and process guidelines