3225 Oakmead Village Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Please send an RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org (Don Mintz) prior to the meeting if you plan to attend
Bring all your questions — the things you always wanted to know about DOE, SPC, and Sampling, but were afraid to ask. The panel will try to answer the audience’s questions or provide suggestions where they might find the answers.
1. Does OFAT mean I should consider going on a diet?
2. How do I decide if I have too many or to few factors (x)?
3. How do I know if I picked the right response variables (y)?
4. How do I know that factor (x) affects a response variable (y)?
5. Does the process have to be in-control for DOE to Work?
6. Do I need a gage capability study for each variable in the DOE?
7. Does it make much difference if the responses are discrete or continuous?
8. How do I estimate the noise in the system?
9. What are controllable, semi-controllable, and uncontrollable variables?
10. Why do replicates? What about repeats?
11. Why randomize? What should you do if you can’t randomize?
12. What is blocking? Is this something from football?
13. What is an alias and how do we determine them?
14. Is one experiment enough to find the answer?
15. Should we confirm our results in production mode?
16. Is there a covariate in the house?
17. What is design resolution?
18. What are full and fractional factorial designs?
19. What are first and second order designs?
20. What about simplex designs? Is this a personality disorder?
21. What are robust designs?
22. What are response surface designs?
23. What are algorithmic optimal designs (i.e., D and I optimal)
24. How does JMP’s Custom Design work?
25. How do we estimate “pure” error?
26. How do we check the homogenous variance assumption?
27. Should we maintain family unity or kick the kids out?
28. What is EVOP?
29. What is uniform precision?
30. What is Orthogonally? If I have it, should I see a doctor?
31. What is the Sequential Simplex Search Method?
32. What is GMDH (www.gmdh.net)? What is the Ivakhnenko polynomial? And how do they apply to screening designs?
33. What are Definitive Screening Designs?
1. What is Statistical Process Control (SPC)?
2. How can I tell which variables to track?
3. How do I know if I picked the right variables?
4. What do I do if my variables are autocorrelated?
5. How does autocorrelation affect my control chart?
6. Do I need a gage capability study for each SPC variable?
7. Does it make much difference if the variables are discrete or continuous?
8. What does “in-control” mean?
9. What is the difference between static control and dynamic?
10. Is it possible for a process to be in-control and produce defects?
11. When should you look for causes of unusual process behavior?
12. Is a control chart the same as a hypothesis test?
13. What does “out-of-control” mean?
14. If the process is out-of-control should you fix it?
15. Is an Assignable Cause the same as a Special Cause?
16. What is the probability that a point will fall outside 3 sigma limits?
17. If a point is inside the control limits, can it have a special cause?
18. If a pattern does not violate any of the Test Rules, can it still be the result of a special cause?
19. How many possible ways can a process show instability?
20. On a multivariate chart how can you tell which x caused the signal?
21. Is the mean chart more “sensitive” than the x chart?
22. Is the individuals chart invalid if the data is non-normal?
23. Is the reason control chart work because of the Central Limit Theorem?
24. How were Shewhart control limits derived?
25. Do Shewhart control charts assume that the data is normally distributed?
26. If the data is not normal, should you transform it before putting it on a control chart?
27. Are Shewhart control limits based on statistical or economic considerations?
28. If a process is stable for some time and then shifts to a new level and is stable there, is this a common cause variation?
29. Does everybody use 3 sigma limits?
30. Are there SPC charts to address multivariate processes?
31.. Can you do SPC on reliability data e.g., returns per calendar interval?
32. Should you evaluate the variation chart before the location chart?
33. Is sampling inspection obsolete?
34. Which is more sensitive attribute or continuous variables sampling?
35. What are Continuous Sample Plans (CSP 1) and how do they work?
36. What are single, double, and multiple sample plans?
37. What is the AQL, AOQ, AOQL, RQL or LTPD, ATI or ASN, ARL
38. Is random sampling always best?
39. What is the break-even point for sampling?