By Aldo Fucinari
This webinar will explain why ED shaker results for your product alone are fine but HALT vibration will reveal more latent defects. There are really no viable transfer functions between the two.
Many people have attended the Hobbs Engineering HALT and HASS seminars in the past. This webinar will reveal the most frequently misunderstood issues that are raised in the seminars regarding HALT Vibration and Fixtures. The instructor will share his years of experience to help you understand how to design a robust fixture that will transfer sufficient energy to the device under test. This is a chance to ask our expert any questions that you might have about fixture design.
This 2-hour course covers:
- Understanding differences in HALT Vibration, How it Works and How to Measure and WORK WITH IT.
- Repetitive Shock and Vibration – a detailed introduction into how it is different from ED shaker random vibration. Differences in table vibe explained.
- Measurement Techniques – How to use accelerometers to measure product vibe. How to test materials in a static environment (nonoperational).
- Fixture Design and Set Up – Real world examples of solutions. How and why HALT fixtures need to be approached differently from ED shaker fixtures!
- HASS FIXTURES and Safety of Screen Examples – Two real world examples will be discussed that cover most applications for high volume and low volume HASS applications.